Junior Golf Academy
2021 Junior Golf Academy- Registration opens April 12th! (Form will be available to download or stop by the Pro Shop)
Click Here: Junior Golf Registration Form
LPGA Teaching Professional Lisa Grimes offers a variety of private and group golf lessons, specialized clinics along with the Junior Golf Academy. A member of the Minnesota Golf Hall of Fame and an Alexandria native Lisa loves sharing her passion for the game and helping both new and experienced golfers improve their game. Video anaylsis and playing lessons available. The Junior Golf Academy is open to kids ages 5-15. Call Lisa or the Pro Shop for more information about lessons or Junior Golf.2021 Junior Golf Academy Information
June 10 - August 20 (Off dates: July 8 & 9, July 29 & 30, August 5 & 6)
$100 per student
Rookies (Ages 5-7)
The “Rookie” level of Junior Golf is all about making golf fun. We will start with chipping and putting; using games to reinforce the instruction. From there we will introduce the basics of the full swing and let them swing away!
Champs (Ages 8-10)
The “Champs” level will work on all aspects of the game; putting, chipping, full swing, basic rules and etiquette. The emphasis will be on fun, as well as getting the junior ready to showcase their skills on the golf course.
Pros (Ages 11-15)
The “Pro” level will combine instruction and practice sessions with fun, competitive events. We will work on all aspects of the game; short game, full swing, course management, rules and etiquette. Every level of player will benefit from this program.
The 2021 Junior Golf Academy will be similar to last year's format.
- Classes will be 1 hour in length
- There will be (8) sessions and (2) play dates for each group.
- No more than 16 students in each group. These groups will be split into 2 groups of 8 for instruction.
- Instructors will be Golf Professionals, College players & coaches
- (2) Sunday play days are scheduled for each group. The kids will get to tee it up and test their skills. There will be on-course instruction and parents are welcome to walk along!
- Students need their own bag and golf club (Please talk with Lisa if you need to borrow clubs-limited availability)
- Healthy drinks & snacks will be provided after each session
- This program is geared to have fun while learning a game that lasts a lifetime. We will cover all aspects of the game in a safe and encouraging environment.
Please call Lisa with any questions 320-815-9098